Weekend Reflection

 It was the first week of the senior project. On Monday, I took a flight of nearly fourteen hours, with a transfer in Hong Kong, and finally arrived in Shanghai. Many of my friends didn't understand why I had to go back in just two weeks, probably because I was homesick.

I arrived in Shanghai on Tuesday, but then something unexpected happened. Probably because I was not used to a new place, I started to catch a cold, but fortunately I did not have a fever. However, this cold lasted from Wednesday morning until now and still hasn't healed ---- My birthday was also spent in piles and piles of napkins and cold medicine.

During the week, I spent the first three days on some introductory type of things. Let's say the origins, origin and history of the lottery, etc. After that, I introduced some of the companies in the lottery and the formulas we can use in our daily predictions. It includes these four factors: Home Attacking Strength (HAS) = team's expected goals per home game (xG) / league team's average expected goals per home game (xG) (higher is better)


Home Defensive Strength (HDS) = Expected goals conceded per home game (xGA) / Average expected goals conceded per home game (xGA) for league teams (lower is better).


Away Attacking Strength (AAS) = team's expected goals per away game (xG) / league team's average expected goals per away game (xG) (higher is better).


Away Defensive Strength (ADS) = Expected goals conceded by the team per away game (xGA) / Average expected goals conceded by the league team per away game ( xGA) (the lower the better).

After that, I made a prediction for the AC Milan vs Inter Milan game last night. As a result, Inter Milan did win with a score of 1:0.

In the next week, I will do some statistical and mathematical analysis of the match. For example, will the team with high/low odds on all picks win, etc


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/21 Blog

5/11 Blog

5/9 Blog Post