5/18 Blog

 Gambling on soccer can have a negative impact on an individual's health status. 

Here is my first experience with gambling during the World Cup 2022. 

Point 1: Betting on soccer can be very mentally taxing. My first bet was on the Japan vs. Germany game, and out of support for the Asian team and trust in the Japanese team, I earned close to seven times my winnings, or about $35 USD, with five US dollars capital. It made me feel like I might be able to make some money through this means of entertainment, after all it turned me from a neutral fan to a purposeful fan in many games and the game became exciting. 


However the side effect starts to appear, I would become restless or anxious when a goal had not been scored during the game. I have also seen some players in some software/app cursing at the team and even insulting soccer because they lost money. This has deviated from my original intention of watching the game, however, at that time, I only thought whether I could make more money with my wisdom and then stopped immediately. But, how can the power of an individual compare with the whole betting company?

After the World Cup was over, I realized that different matches, even with two identical teams, could produce big differences in results. The World Cup knockout rounds were almost free of any cold storms, except for Morocco's victory over Portugal, as there was no room for error and every team had to give their all and play for their glory. And in the group stage, some of the strong teams that have already made it out of the group stage did not have high spirits, so England, Brazil and other strong teams lost to weak teams. And different leagues, EPL, EFL Cup, etc. have all different. If it is easy to judge the end of the game just by the paper strength of the two teams, then it is too easy to bet on soccer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/21 Blog

5/11 Blog

5/9 Blog Post